Luxury Glamping Lodges
Three unique lodges, each with their own en-suite shower room and outdoor living space.
The Byres offer our guests a unique, cosy and comfortable glamping experience where you can enjoy the beautiful Western Lake District and Eskdale Valley whilst still enjoying some of life's home comforts, such as a comfy bed, hot shower, heating and electricity.
Converted from part of an old farm building, the Byres are unique and quite unlike your average glamping lodge.
Each has been tastefully decorated and inside and out are very spacious, the separate shower rooms have been fitted to the highest standard with powerful hot showers, heated mirrors and heated towel rail. Harter and Birker have the most beautiful built in bunk beds consisting of two doubles on the bottom, and two singles on the top. Kepple consists of a double bed and a single bed with a small single trundle bed, which can be made up for a child.
Each of the lodges also has a sofa, and a kitchen unit with a kettle, mugs, tea spoons, drinks tumblers and a small fridge, no other cooking facilities are provided in the Byres, but we do offer a small gas griddle for hire and there are places to barbecue within the grounds.
Outside the double patio doors you have your own covered decked area with a table and chairs so you can take in the superb views whatever the weather. On the decked area is a sink and work space, so you can bring along a camping stove. There is also a large lawn and picnic benches, as well as a communal fire pit.
Families and Group Packages
For instance, a two night stay in the Byres including a full multi-activity day with your own instructor from £120 per person.
The Byres have bed spaces for upto 16 people sharing or 10 seperate bed spaces. The site will also have 4 mega pods available in 2019.
Prices may vary depending on time of year and number of people sharing, and are subject to availability. and minimum numbers apply.
For an exact family or group price, please get in touch 019467 23753 to discuss.
- Bedding and linen included.
- Kettle - mugs, drink tumblers & tea spoons provided.
- Small fridge.
- Wi-Fi available.
- large garden with picnic benches & fire pit.
- Outside sink with small work space for cooking with a stove.
- Next door to the pub and within a mile of two others (five in the valley).
- Dogs welcome (extra cost).
- Accommodation and grounds have a no smoking policy (including e-cigs).
What to Bring
- Towels.Personal belongings
- Camping Stove and Gas - Campingaz party grill 200 (small gas griddle) available for hire.
- Pans, plates, cutlery and washing up provisions.
- Portable or disposable BBQ.
- Matches or Lighter.
- Bike Hire - Guest rates: £20 per adult bike and £15 per child bike (under 12's).
- Private walking Guide: £200 per day for up to 2 people, £50 per person there after. (Subject to availability, max 6 people per guide).
- Outdoor Activities with West Lakes Adventure, including ghyll scrambling, canoeing, kayaing, (stand up) paddle boarding, rock climbing, abseilling, archery and more! (subject to availability, minimum numbers may apply). Please click here for more info on booking.
Mountain Bike Hire
Adult Bikes - £25.00
Child Bike (6 – 12 years old) - £15.00
Tag-along - £10
Trailer - £10 (for road use only – not suitable for our bridleways)
Multi-day discounts available.
Our adult mountain bikes are great entry level bikes manufactured by Cube suitable for riding on the bridleways around & about, a great way to explore the valley.
A great day out on your bike!
There is a great trail ‘The Eskdale Trail’ which takes you the 8 miles to the coast at Ravenglass, you can then ride back after refreshments in one of the cafes or pubs or get the miniature steam train ‘The Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway’ back (prior booking necessary).
Call in at the ‘Muncaster Castle’ on route and catch one of the Wild Bird displays, have a glance round the grounds or the Castle itself & watch them feed the dozens of wild Herons.
Click Here for details of The Eskdale Trail
Click Here for details of the Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway timetable
Click Here for details of Muncaster Castle
Your own bikes are most welcome but if you do bring them with you, please make sure you bring means of securing them when not in use, as we have very limited storage for any additional bikes in our shed.